Creating workflow or automation to generate a full data export. | XM Community
Question

Creating workflow or automation to generate a full data export.

• 9 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi

I would like to create workflow or automation to generate a full data export.
When we create an automation as explained here:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-page/etl-workflows/data-extractor-tasks/extract-responses-from-a-survey-task/

Only responses collected since the last run are extracted in this task.

I want the entire responses to be exported every day (even if no one answered).

is this possible?

we had this question before but no one answerd:

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

This is possible! You have to create a filter in the Data & Analytics section of the survey program you are trying to export nightly. 

You can create the condition you would like to have. Below I used the Finished metadata set as True.

Once you have this filter added, it will appear in the Extract Survey Responses task in the Workflow. 

Hope this helps! 

Badge +1

Thanks,

But no luck:(

I did that, but when running this WF one time after the other, no files were exported, i  want the entire responses to be exported every time its running….

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Very strange. Sorry it didn’t work for you. I tried something similar but instead of a SFTP was loading the data into an Import Data Project and it worked as expected.

A couple troubleshooting questions:

1. The second image in your post - is that referencing the SFTP task or the Extract responses from survey task? I ask because when I view the latter task in my workflow, I can see the csv file that was created. 
  2. Were you able to use the Extract task as the option for the file to upload to the SFTP? 
  3. Have you looked at the API documentation to see if there is a call that might be able to create this solution? 
Badge +1

Hi

Is this one of the issues wht i get an error?

i want to export every day all the last year survey data

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @David_Rod,

You can try with this approach, define the actions you want the workflow to perform. For generating a full data export, you'll need to specify the export settings such as file format (e.g., CSV, Excel). 

https://api.qualtrics.com/6b00592b9c013-start-response-export

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Dear @Nanditha MM , In the API do we have an option to provide the path in which the file needs to be exported to ?

And if I can provide the selective columns of Survey that i want to download.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neha Tank

Leave a Reply