Customizable Survey Invitation Email | XM Community
Question

Customizable Survey Invitation Email

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Everyone! I am exploring the possibilities when it comes to distributing Qualtrics surveys via email. Currently, our firm uses an anonymous link and sends our surveys through custom emails through MailChimp. Our contacts in our MailChimp account hold data such as age, gender, partisanship and more. I know with Qualtrics you can use internal data to carry over those variables. 

I am looking to run a test on this with some of our panel members. However, my main question when it comes to distributing emails via Qualtrics is “can I send a customizable email like those in MailChimp?” Additionally, is there a way to hide my survey link within the text instead of using the Qualtrics generated link? 

Best,
BH

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I am looking to run a test on this with some of our panel members. However, my main question when it comes to distributing emails via Qualtrics is “can I send a customizable email like those in MailChimp?” Additionally, is there a way to hide my survey link within the text instead of using the Qualtrics generated link? 

By “customizable”, do you mean the ability to format the look and feel of the email, personalize the content, or both? In a nutshell, Qualtrics can do both. Users have the ability to use HTML in messages, and can pipe personalized data from the contact directory into messages.

And if you mean hyperlinking a survey URL when you refer to a way to hide it, that can be done as well since HTML formatting is available.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Matthew, Yes, I am more asking if we are able to customize the email like you can in MailChimp. I was messing around with HTML code and took some code from a previous MailChimp campaign and plugged it into our Qualtrics email and it worked (i.e., looked exactly the same). 

Is there is set of code that you can use to help “hide” the autogenerated survey link that Qualtrics puts in the plain email? What about the unsubscribe link? 

Thanks! 

BH

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If you’re composing a plain text email, there is no way to hide the survey or opt-out links; those are required attributes in messages that are created in the Distributions tab within a survey.

If you are trying to send a message without a survey link for some reason, that can be done through the XM Directory tab instead. But I believe this method still requires an opt-out link in the message.

Leave a Reply