Department Head Approval/Authentication | XM Community
Solved

Department Head Approval/Authentication

• 8 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I have built two surveys. The first survey is for staff to make an annual declaration, the second survey is for their respective Department Heads to endorse their declaration. Each department head is expected to approve the annual declaration of a few subordinates. 

In the first survey,  the response of staff to each question will be added to the contact list via the Add to XM Directory function. The second survey is very simple and only consists of two blocks. The first block shows what the staff previously entered in the first survey (i.e. already included in the contact list) via the Pipping text function. The second block contains one question only: Do you endorse the declaration? 

Department head will receive an email each time when their subordinates submit the first survey. Each email contains anonymous link of the second survey and be informed of the staff ID of a subordinate (i.e. the respondent of the first survey) . After clicking the link, there will be an authentication step. Department head needs to enter the staff ID of the subordinate as an authentication key.  

When I test the second survey, I have tried the authentication step many many times. When I actually clicked the link of the second survey, the information which should appear via the pipping text function didn’t appear. I guess it was because my computer has remembered the staff ID or has gone through the authentication step already, I didn’t need to go through the authentication step anymore. However, when I used my mobile phone to click the link of the second survey, everything worked! 

Since each department head is expected to approve the annual declaration of a few subordinates, I am worry that they will encounter the same problem as mine when each of them approve the second declaration and beyond? If yes, what solutions would you suggest? 

I am new to Qualtrics and would appreciate your help. Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Shashi 8 January 2024, 09:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Implement following and test: Check ‘Require respondents to authenticate again if they resume their session later’ in the Authenticator options, uncheck - ‘Allow authenticating respondents to retake authenticated section’ & ‘Reload any previously saved progress upon authentication’, from survey options switch off - ‘Allow respondents to finish later’

Badge +1

Hi Shashi, thanks a lot for your kind suggestion which has fixed the problem! 

Badge +1

As per Shashi’s advice above, the survey option “Allow respondents to finish later” has been switched off in the second survey.  Everything works well.  Until recently, a Department Head reported that he entered the second survey to look at a subordinate’s info (Subordinate A) but then left it without taking any other action.  When he tried to enter the survey again later on, he were informed that the link has expired.  As a result, he cannot endorse that subordinate’s declaration. For your information, he can endorse other subordinates’ declarations because he entered the survey and endorsed them right away.

Please note that anonymous link is used for this second survey, and two authentications are required. The first authentication is for Department heads to log in the company portal, the second one is to enter a 6-digit unique number that I randomly assigned for each subordinate.    With that key, the information of each subordinate can be retrieved from the contact list. 

Please advise how to let the Department head to approve Subordinate A’s declaration. 

Leave a Reply