Filtering out images for randomisation without replacement? | XM Community
Question

Filtering out images for randomisation without replacement?

Badge

Hi, I’m new to Qualtrics and javascript and have a research design where participants need to see 6 of a total 36 graphics. However, the images they see initially need to restrict subsequent image presentations. i.e. there are 6 types of image (A, B, C, D, E, F) with 6 types of information (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) (36 total), so if participants see D2 first, they can’t see any more Ds or 2s, leaving them with A, B, C, E, and F; and, 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6. If the next presentation was then B4, they can’t see any more Bs or 4s, etc, etc. until they’ve seen 6 graphics and each of the 6 types of image and 6 types of information with no repeats. I’m not sure how to do this functionally on Qualtrics without replacing and amending embedded data after presentations, which can’t work with the study design. Chatgpt has been pretty unhelpful, and I’ve had a look at some of the existing posts on this forum and found similar problems but nothing that helps me. I’ve written some javascript code based off some previous posts but as I’m new to Qualtrics I’m not sure how to embed this into my Qualtrics survey design.

Any help at all would be really welcomed and if there’s an easier way to do it with blocks and randomisation that would be great to know! 

Thank you!!!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply