How can an User continue a Survey Response if him clean the cookies or change the device? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I turned on the “Allow respondents to finish later” option on my survey and I see that if I clean the cookies or change to incognito browser I lost all my response progress.

I want to know if theres a way that we can permit to an user continue his survey response even if him clean the cache or change to another devise! (Maybe the student start on his PC and change to his phone later)

I’ve a custom authentication block on the survey connected to my backend. I think that maybe I can save the response id on my DB an then set the responseID on the cookies or in some part to tell to Qualtrics to open that survey (I don’t know if that’s possible)

Thanks!

I don’t think that is possible, as Qualtrics is using the cookies to check the progress, and a lot of other things. So if you delete that part, then you don’t have a way to store it.

I think that there is also a place where I have seen it mentioned that you cannot switch devices, no matter if it is PC to mobile, mobile to mobile, or PC to PC.

Since the response will only be partially done, I also don’t think you can find a way to store the progress and access it later.

@HenryEOS,

If you are using an Authenticator you can check the ‘Reload any previously saved progress upon authentication’ box under Options.

@HenryEOS,

If you are using an Authenticator you can check the ‘Reload any previously saved progress upon authentication’ box under Options.

Yes! I’m currently not using an authenticator, I’ve a custom functionality to authenticate the user on my BackEnd via ajax.

I think that the only way to store the user progress and permit to the user to change his devise or delete the cookies is to use the authentication block for Qualtrics and connect it to the Directories

@HenryEOS,

Yes! I’m currently not using an authenticator, I’ve a custom functionality to authenticate the user on my BackEnd via ajax.

I think that the only way to store the user progress and permit to the user to change his devise or delete the cookies is to use the authentication block for Qualtrics and connect it to the Directories

Correct. Another alternative, still using a Qualtrics contact list, is using personalized links.

Leave a Reply