How to find the text entry Question ID | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

How to find the text entry Question ID

• 5 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Screenshot (464).pngScreenshot (465).pngHello! I am trying to conduct a survey where the participant is asked some questions regarding the "answer" they gave on the previous question. I have included in this post two screenshot for clarification. I would like to find out the ID of the text entry option so I can include it in the question right after.
The most interesting thing is, in the first screenshot - Q3, the ID= ${q://QID21/ChoiceTextEntryValue} works perfectly fine. But then when I include ID22 and so on for the rest it doesn't recognize it. Could somebody tell me where I can find the correct ID?
Kind regards and Thank you in advance.

Use options to renumber your questions to the internal ids.
However, your problem is that you are using the wrong format for the later question. As both text entry questions are of different types, so how you reference them will be different.

ahmedA You are a life saver once again. Okay got it for the different question format and I just mentioned the text entry value as "the XXX you mentioned above" so I think this is fine now.
But I have two questions underneath that have the proper format. I include a screenshot so you understand what I'm talking about. I didn't quite get how I can see the text entry ID. Could you explain with a bit more detail how I can include the correct textentryID on the question underneath?
Capture1.PNG

Why aren't you using the piped text tool?
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/piped-text-overview/#PipingFromAPreviousQuestion

ahmedA Because I was not aware of its existence up till a few hours ago. I used it and it worked for both types of questions. Now every time a text is added on for example Q5, Q6 identifies the textentryID and everything is good in the world! Thank you once again :)

Leave a Reply