Incomplete Responses record with embedded data | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! I have designed a survey with invitation distributed by CRM with embedded data stored in the link via &. I need to see empty responses of those who opened survey (clicked and Qualtrics loaded the survey) and closed it without making any progress. In tutorial is said that such empty responses with embedded data should be stored. May be Im doing something wrong but I don't see such data which I need for response rate analysis.
"Attention: If there’s embedded data saved on a response or a text/graphic question at the beginning of your survey, the response will not be registered as empty. Because of this, the response will be saved after the timeframe chosen runs out, even if no questions have been answered."

These are stored as partial responses temporarily until the partial response time period expires, at which point they disappear.
For response rate, I recommend using Respondent Funnel instead. Make sure it's turned on for your brand.

Hi! Thank you for the Respondent Funnel tip. I will explore it. I have set to incomplete responses to Record and 24 hours to pass incompletion timeframe. So I should see them in data export. Still this in not clear.

If not a single question was answered, it's not an incomple response, it's a non-response. A partial response is if they answered at least one question.
One option for you to consider is to include an inline question within the email invitation. This way anyone clicking in would have answered at least 1 question.

Thanks! I was also thinking of email invitation click register as an answer.

Leave a Reply