Prohibit screenshot during survey | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Prohibit screenshot during survey

• 25 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m exhibiting the participants of my survey some data from which I later on ask a couple of questions. I want to avoid them taking screenshots of the data so they can’t have it at hand when answering the follow-up questions. Is there away to disable screenshots while taking the survey? 

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @jczldv 

Preventing screenshots entirely using JavaScript is not feasible due to the limitations of web browsers and the numerous ways users can capture their screens, such as using operating system functions or external devices. However, you can implement some techniques to discourage or complicate the process. 

There are already several questions and code examples in regards to such functionality if you search the web, e.g., here.  

Try to copy some code, and add it between some <script> </script> tags within the Header code (<>) of your Look & Feel settings. 

But the end you will not be able to fully avoid it. Participants usually always find a way if they want to. Maybe try to think about a different survey structure or something like this?

Best
Christian

Leave a Reply