See Correct / Incorrect for each individul question in the results? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I need to be able to see for every participant exactly which questions they got right and wrong in a survey. I have been able to get a total score (total number correct) but I need to have Qualtrics export a Correct / Incorrect score for every question individually in the results. (I need to have this exact metric for our analysis)

EG If the correct answers to five questions are:
A
B
A
B
A

I need to see that someone who responds

B - wrong
A - wrong
A - correct
B - correct
A - correct

Total: 3

Is different from someone who responds
A - Correct
B - Correct
A - Correct
A - Wrong
B -  Wrong

Total 3

I’m sure there must be a way to do this, but in multiple days of searching, and clicking through every option I can find, I cannot find any way to get this to show. What do I need to do?

Hi,

I see multiple options to do this, depending on where you need/want to use them.

To continue using scoring, you could create a category for each individual question where you score 1 for the correct answer and 0 for the wrong ones.

If your data is still to be collected, you could also create embedded data fields for each question in your survey flow and fill them with logic.

You could also use recode values directly in each question if you don’t need to know which incorrect answers were selected.

If you only need this information at the dashboard level, you can map and recode those fields in your data source.

@RC_GMU , I am looking to do something very similar and have also had an exhaustive search with no results.  Did you end up figuring out a solution?

Leave a Reply