Statement randomization stable for the same respondent | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,
I was wondering if it would be possible to enable choice randomization where the statements (3) are randomized in both question 1 and 2, but that the respondent receives the same randomization for both questions (so that the randomization remains stable over the two questions). The next respondent then receives a (possible) different randomization of choices that then again remains the same for the second question, I have tried to flip the choice order but that does not seem to do the trick. Thank you in advance!

Carryforward the displayed statements from the first question to the second question. Qualtrics will maintain the randomized order from the first question.

Hi Tom,
Is there any other way to do this? As carryforward statements also implements a page break which I do not want and I do not want to repeat the same question from the first question toward the second one. I had read in another comment earlier that it requires a page break and that there might be no other way

You could create a hidden question with your randomized statements and carry forward those into both your questions.

Leave a Reply