Streamlining Multi-Product Survey Design in Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Streamlining Multi-Product Survey Design in Qualtrics

• 23 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Dear Qualtrics community,

I am designing a survey to ask potential customers their opinions about different products.

More specifically, my survey has 100 products. First, I want to show the clients a product. Then, I want to ask them two questions: (i) How much are you willing to pay for the product? and (ii) What is the perceived quality of the product? To make the survey less time-consuming, I would show each client only five randomly selected products.

The current way that I am going about this is by creating one block per product. The block has one question describing the item, and then the two questions about willingness to pay and quality. In the survey flow, I would show customers five randomly selected blocks.

This works but seems quite inefficient: It requires me to create 100 blocks and copy and paste the same two questions (willing to pay/quality) at the end of each block. I tried using the loop and merge function but it seems to me is not up to this task. Is there an efficient way to automatizing the process?

icon

Best answer by omkarkewat 24 March 2024, 07:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hey @germanr You can use loop and merge for this and at the bottom you will get an option to randomize the loop and select how many loops should be shown out of the total loops.

Type 5 inside the box and 5 random loops/products out of 100 loops/products will be shown.

Is this what you were looking for?

Badge +2

Hi omkarkewat,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. 

As I mentioned in my question, I tried the “loop & merge” option, but it didn't work. In particular, since each item is shown/described on a different question, there doesn't seem to be a “field” to perform the loop.

I have to say that I haven't used the loop & merge feature in the past, so it may very well be the case that I am doing this wrong. I looked at a few online tutorial, but they didn't seem to be what I need. Please, let me know if you know of any guides/tutorials that may be more helpful.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

​Hi @germanr , for starters please go through this page about Loop and Merge.

Follow the below steps.

I tried to replicate your setup. Instead of 100 products I have created 5 of them (5 fruits and their description). You will have to insert description for 100 products, it might be time consuming but if you have it in a excel format just try to copy paste it in the loop and merge table (this will save lot of your efforts).
At the bottom you can see 3 random loops will be displayed out of these 5 fruits. For your user case you can type 5 in that box which will show 5 random products out of 100.

Use the “Field 1” pipe text in the first question and then create 2 follow up questions as you like.

END!

Badge +2

Hi omkarkewat,

This is very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

Best,

Germán

Leave a Reply