Survey Flow when the first comdition is the same but the second one is different. | XM Community
Skip to main content

I  may be missing something, but I can’t seem to get this to work.  I have simple survey where I want diferent questions to show up depending on other two other selections.

Question 1 has five choices.

Question 2 had three choices.

There is a different block that needs to display for each choice in question one.  Then, depending on the answer to question two, one out of two blocks need to be displayed.  One for option one and two and another for option three.  

No matter what I do, I can only get one of the second blocks to display no matter what the answer in question two is.  

I feel like I’m missing something important.  Maybe someone out there can help? 

Hi @mln35 ,

I would suggest posting some screenshot for better clarity.

As there is limited information on your survey flow, a rough guess is perhaps one of your Q2 condition is set wrongly by accident.

Is your Q2 condition set as below?

if Q2 = option 1 or Q2 = option 2, continue block...

If Q2 = option 3, continue block...

Here is a screen shot of what I have done for one of the questions.  If the user selects computer hardware engineering in question one and does not select DKU Second year Student in question two, I want it to display the Computer Engineering hardware block and then the CHE Class Suggestions block.  If they select CHE in the question one and DKU in question two, I want them to see the DKU Class suggestion block instead of the CHE Class Suggestion Block. 

As it is set up now, if DKU second year Student is selected, it still diplays the CHE Class suggestion block and not the desired DKU Suggestion block.   

Hi @mln35,

Assuming below is what you are trying to achieve

Q1- 5 choices

Q2- 3choices

BLOCK2 - For 5 choices in Q1

BLOCK3- For 2 choices in Q2

BLOCK 4 - For 1 choice in Q2

you can rearrange the branches as to what needs to be seen first.

Hope it helps

Very helpful.  Thanks very much!

Here is a screen shot of what I have done for one of the questions.  If the user selects computer hardware engineering in question one and does not select DKU Second year Student in question two, I want it to display the Computer Engineering hardware block and then the CHE Class Suggestions block.  If they select CHE in the question one and DKU in question two, I want them to see the DKU Class suggestion block instead of the CHE Class Suggestion Block. 

As it is set up now, if DKU second year Student is selected, it still diplays the CHE Class suggestion block and not the desired DKU Suggestion block.   

Hi @mln35 ,

You probably have what you need.

Just wanted to mention that I did a test using your survey flow logic, assuming track CHE is Q1 option and DKU is Q2 option 3, it should work.

If you are doing preview, perhaps you may have forgotten to click apply changes in survey flow.

If you publish the survey previously and doing the final test from respondent view, perhaps you may have forgotten to click apply changes and publish.

Leave a Reply