survey language sets language of email | XM Community
Solved

survey language sets language of email

Badge +2

I have a survey that we will be distributing with an anonymous link. The survey is available in English and Spanish, as are the confirmation emails that I have set up as a workflow to go out when new responses are submitted. Unfortunately, when the users submit the survey, it’s only sending the emails in English even though they may have changed the survey language to Spanish while filling it out. What do I need to do to trigger the Spanish translation of the email instead of the English one?

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 1 May 2024, 20:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @Lauren_Hitchcock,

Yea you can do this, You can set the language of the response report in an email task by using piped text. This lets you pull in the survey language dynamically.

Try these below steps:

1. Ensure you have a ‘Q_Language’ embedded data field in your survey flow.
2. In the email task, choose ‘Piped Text’ > ‘Embedded Data Field’ in the Message dropdown, and enter ‘Q_Language’ in the box.

This way, your message in the email will match the language your respondent used in the survey.

For more information please refer the below link:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/email-task/#:~:text=piped%20text%20menu.-,qtip%3A%20,-By%20default%2C%20messages

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +2

Thanks, @Sachin Nandikol! That worked perfectly.

Leave a Reply