Text Box Responses not all appearing in report | XM Community
Question

Text Box Responses not all appearing in report

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

When I pull up the report for my survey, it says that I have 37 responses to a question that was a text box response (What is the zip code of your organization?), however, only about 20 responses are showing. Could that be because some participants put the same zip code that another participant listed? I need to be able read all responses so that if there is more than one participant in a zip code I can make note of that. Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Tiffany

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @TiffanySK

The issue you're experiencing might be due to the way the report is displaying the data. By default, Qualtrics reports group identical open-text responses together, which could be why you're seeing fewer responses than expected.

To view all individual responses, you can use the Data & Analysis tab. Please follow below steps:

1. Navigate to the Data & Analysis tab in your survey.
  2. Here, you'll see a table with each row representing a response and each column representing a question.
  3. Find the column for your ‘What is the zip code of your organization?’ question.
  4. You should be able to see all individual responses, even if they are identical.

If you want to export this data, you can do so by clicking on the ‘Export & Import’ button at the top right of the Data & Analysis tab and choosing ‘Export Data’. This will allow you to download a CSV or TSV file with all the responses.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your help! That does work, however I was hoping there was a way to get Qualtrics to un-group them so that they were listed in the report and easier to tally. In Data & Analytics the table rows are each quite far from each other and I’m afraid I’m going to miss one. 

Tiffany

Leave a Reply