Branch logic query | XM Community

Branch logic query

Badge
Hi there!

Designed a baseline/end line survey that branches when a respondent chooses one or more modules that they are/have completed. Then, based on that selection, there are specific questions related to that module (there are 60 modules). Im having issues around displaying the right pathways when there are multiple modules selected (one is fine). Essentially if a respondent picks 5 modules, i want the 2 questions per module to be asked (10 questions) plus the 2 questions that pertain to those overall modules - some of which will be the same, some different. remembering that there are 60 different types, so the strategy to pick can be extremely broad. would anyone have any luck with this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Hi @ArronG ,

I'm not sure if I know enough about the study, or the issues you're currently having, to be helpful, but I'm assuming you have the 60 sets of module-specific question pairs in separate blocks and are using Branch Logic in the Survey Flow. The tricky part might be the "2 questions that pertain to those overall modules". Are these different from all of the 60 sets of module-specific question pairs? Not sure how many of the "overall" questions there are to choose from, but my first step would be to put them in a 61st block and use Display Logic from the initial module selection question to show each question as appropriate. If two module selections lead to the same overall question that is OK, the overall question will only appear once.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi ArronG - You can use Loop functionality in this case. Loops will not only help you organize the order in picking up module from multiple options but also help you to review and refer data easily. Please refer the link below for setting up Loop:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/loop-and-merge/
Badge
thanks for the tips! I used Display logic in the end, and it worked!

Leave a Reply