Embedded Data: Calculating Sum of Ratings | XM Community
Solved

Embedded Data: Calculating Sum of Ratings

• 14 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello, I have created a small survey to collect peer ratings from students.

PeerRatings.jpgAs the image above shows:
Q1: Asks a student to select his/her name out of 5 students - as the Rater:
Student 1; Student 2; Student 3; Student 4; Student 5.
Q1.1: The selected student (e.g., Student 1) will rate Student 2, Student 3, Student 4 and Student 5, based on 4 likert-scaled questions:
-- Student contributed meaningfully to tasks: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.
-- Student did their share of the work: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.
-- Student paid much attention: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.
-- Student was willing to listen: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

At the end of the survey, I need to calculate the average score each student received over all 4 questions by all 4 of his/peers. So for example, if Student 1 is rated 4 across all questions, by each of his/her 4 peers, we should have a total score, calculated as follows:
Student 1 Ratings: (Student 2: (4*4) = 16) + (Student 3: (4*4) = 16) + (Student 4: (4*4) = 16) = 48. Average = (48/3) = 16
I have been trying to export the data to Excel, but it takes so much time to clean it up.
Is it possible to calculate the total scores and average for each rated student in Qualtrics?
I am attaching a copy of the survey, in case it is helpful:
PeerRating.qsfThanks in advance for your assistance, PS

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 27 October 2020, 21:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi PundaSmith! If you have not yet already, we'd highly recommend checking out our support pages on Scoring and Math Operations to help accomplish your goal. For any additional help regarding how to set this up, be sure to reach out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Badge +1

Hi PundaSmith! If you have not yet already, we'd highly recommend checking out our support pages on Scoring and Math Operations to help accomplish your goal. For any additional help regarding how to set this up, be sure to reach out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Does Qualtrics ever answer questions or do they simply direct all questions to online tutorials that don’t provide actual answers to the needs?

Leave a Reply