Embedded Data Date option fields returns no value? | XM Community
Question

Embedded Data Date option fields returns no value?

• 9 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I am trying to recreate Recorded Date in an embedded data field so that after some data cleanups/re-uploads I can preserve a filterable date in one spot. For some reason when I select Date under embedded data options and then selecting a value under Current Time, nothing is being generated during my survey responses. If I change it to a text field, it works fine, but if filtering options are available under a date field, I would prefer that. Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Use the ISO date (${date://CurrentDate/c} to populate embedded data fields with the variable type Date. The only issue is that it will populate in UTC time, not the timezone your Qualtrics account is set to.
I tried piping pieces of the current date and concatenating them with a timezone offset into ISO-8601 format, but it still converts it to UTC in the data.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

TomG

Always looking out for me Tom! I appreciate it. I also was given ${date://CurrentDate/DS} as I ended up going to support on this one. It looks like the one you provided also shows the timestamp. For the one you provided, I am getting the correct timezone, but I used CurrentDate instead of Current to get that. Interestingly enough though the filter is actually a day behind, even though the timestamp and date match my timezone (Mountain) correctly.

Badge +1

Hi - I am trying to create today and yesterday in embedded data fields. 

DateToday = ${date://OtherDate/SL}

DateYesterday = ${date://OtherDate/SL/-1%20day}

Am I using the correct logic? Appreciate your help!

Leave a Reply