How do you score a metric scale? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello, I couldn't find any questions or responses related to scoring a metric scale.

For example, my survey question is "How old were you when you ...?" and the respondent will input the number, rather than select from a range. I want to score it so that any responses below 18 and below will be a "0" and any responses above 18 will be a "1". How do I do that without having to input each individual number? Is there a way for me to write "< 18" in the "Enter text response for grading" field or something similar to that effect?
If you don't care about the actual age, just if it's above or below 18, you could create a multiple choice question with just 2 options.
> @fstram said:

> If you don't care about the actual age, just if it's above or below 18, you could create a multiple choice question with just 2 options.

For future analyses, we do care about the actual age (so we can do more rigorous statistical analyses), but for scoring purposes, we just need to know if they are above or below the age.
You could generate a piece of embedded data that assigns a score given the respondent's age. (Score = 0 if age <18, etc.)

Leave a Reply