Is block randomization option allowed to use in Research Essential Account? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in Qualtrics. I have been exploring the free account for some time and found actually I can use most of the options as I needed (Question randomizer, block randomization, branch logic). As I need to collect data from more than 100 respondents, I understand I have to upgrade now.

What I am getting confused about is- Under the different accounts' features I can see _Research Essential ($1500/year)_ provides access to the feature of -Randomization, whereas_ CoreXM-3 ($5000/year)_ provides access to- Block Randomization and Advanced Survey logic.

I need to use Block randomization and branch logic for my experimental scenario study. Does that mean I have to have a CoreXM-3 account for that?

I am just a student and CoreXM is impossible for me to subscribe. However, if with Research Essential account I cannot use the options, for example, provided in the screenshot, it is useless for me to subscribe at all I think.

If anyone knows about this, it would be very kind of you to have your valuable insight into this issue.

!

Tushti
Trial account have some limitations which you can see here

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/managing-your-account/trial-accounts/
Thank you Rock! I understand the limitations of the Trial account. My question is regarding the Research Essential account actually.
Hi @Tushti it's probably best to confirm with the sales team (easy to reach by phone), but I think the Research Essential includes only randomization _within a question_. That is, you can randomize the response options. If you want block randomization, it sounds like you'd need the more advanced account. If you're a student, you should also double check with your school to see if they have an account. They may be able to add you as a user for free.

Leave a Reply