Loop &Merge based on a question and "sub-selection" of Selected Answers | XM Community
Solved

Loop &Merge based on a question and "sub-selection" of Selected Answers

• 10 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,
I am trying to create a Loop and Merge.
I start asking what products you use: A, B, C, D, E, etc. (list of +10).
I would then proceed by asking a series of identical question to users of a specific product (based on the question above). Loop and merge comes handy.
Can I set the Loop&Merge only on a specific subset of selected answers? Like only to those who have answered C, D, E. When setting L&M (based on question) it would automatically pick potentially all the selected answers. Can I choose a specific subset only?
This is because I would like only to collect data for certain selected choices only. Setting a number of L&M times with randomization doesn't work well for this case. Are there any other tricks? Tried setting a static L&M with Display Logic (show if C selected or D selected or E selected) and embedded LM text but it doesn't work, as people will have the whole static L&M shown (C, D, E) even if they just use C.

Thanks for the help.
Hope it was clear-
Rob

icon

Best answer by ElieD 10 February 2021, 17:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi Rob,

I prefer survey flow than display logic so this is my proposition for you, without loop and merge :

First, group your questions in blocks and identify witch block will be asked for each product.
Then add a branch for each product and set an embedded data at the beginning of block so you can use it as piped text.
After that, you will just have to copy your blocks for each product where it applies

Look at some illustrations below,
Élie
---
The questions blocks :
image.png
And the survey flow :
image.png

Thank you ElieD
Will review this and let you know!
THANK YOU for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21