Multiple repeating questions - How to incorporate these? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello, I'm trying to create a survey where the participants are randomly assigned to 1 of 2 conditions, and then are shown a random picture from a set of 20 pictures, and then on the next page a random question from a set of 7 questions. After this, I want this process to repeat 10 times in the same order (random picture, then random question, then repeat) , and then the survey will end. I've used question randomization to try and randomize the questions and pictures, but it just shows the same picture and question after one has been randomly chosen. I also want the pictures to not repeat during the survey, but it's fine if the questions do. Thanks for any help!

I can think of two possible solutions:

1. Use a loop & merge block to randomly show 10 of the 20 pictures. On the next page in the same block, use JavaScript to randomly select one of the 7 questions and hide all the others. It gets a bit more complicated if you need to force a response on the follow-up question, but there are creative ways around it.

2. Create 20 blocks, each with a picture and the 7 follow-up questions. Within each block use Advanced Randomization to always show the picture and 1 of follow-up questions. Put the 20 blocks under a survey flow randomizer and display 10 of them.

Leave a Reply