Simple customization of bar graphs | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello Community,

I'm having a hard time doing what I think should be rather simple. I have figured out how to create a bucketing variable for my percentiles, and now I simply want to generate bar graphs to show these calculated percentiles on a per-respondent basis. I've already been told that data analysis is meant to approach things from an aggregate rather than individual reporting level. I can get around this by using filters; however, the capabilities of even a simple bar graph appear quite limiting (unless I'm just in the wrong place).

Here is an example of me trying to just show the percentile on a scale of 1-9. The bar represents the percentile in which this person's response fell. First off, I can't seem to make it so that gridlines appear for each Y-axis item. I also cannot seem to add a label to either axis (for example "Percentile" along the Y-axis). Finally, I cannot edit the bar label for this variable ("Responses"). I can alter the text that appears in the corresponding color in the legend; however, I don't want to show a legend. I want the label "Responses" to say something different.

These customizations really aren't that advanced. Is there another area in which I should be looking for more advanced reporting capabilities?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

!
Hi @cprice,

Have you try to export the data to Excel and visualize it from there? I would suggest that's a better option given that you would like to edit the graph's visualization that you would like to have.

Thank you.
@TohS thanks, this is indeed a better option for my scenario. i hope something like it can be more automated/customizable within the qualtrics reporting module in the future.

Leave a Reply