Viewing number of completed responses versus non-completes/drop outs | XM Community
Solved

Viewing number of completed responses versus non-completes/drop outs

• 14 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi Qualtrics Community,

My survey is live and I want to check how many of the Recorded Responses are Completes and how many have dropped out. Any ideas on how to do that? I've tried filtering by Finished in Data and Analysis, Survey Metadata but it just shows me the answers to the questions, not a set of numbers.

Any help very gratefully received as I want to check my numbers versus the numbers the panel provider are seeing, and later I want to analyse Completes only.

Best,
Alanna
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 14 September 2018, 15:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Finished = 1 will give you the data for a respondent who has completed the survey
Finished = 0 will give you the partial complete data (i.e. if you are recording partial complete let's say in a week time then system will move such partial complete record to recorded record.

Please refer to this documentation, to understand the dataset of the standard variable:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/download-data/understanding-your-dataset/#RespondentInformation

The partial complete setting is available under survey option:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-options/survey-options-overview/#PartialCompletion

You will have to export the data in csv (or any other format) to do the analysis on actual completes vs drop-out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
It is not directly reportal tool you can pull your data and using pivot table you can extract numbers.
Thank you both. I assumed there would be an easy way to see this without exporting the data. I'll take a look and get back to you if it's not clear. Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
In report you can do using finished variable. For screenout also you can in report using screenout variable.
Data & Analysis > Tools > Choose Columns > Make sure all of your survey questions have check marks beside them > Click anywhere else on the screen

Leave a Reply