Best practices for multiline or tabular embedded data? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Not sure if this is best served here or the custom code (not a developer, so starting here).
I'm building a form that will use Embedded Data, some of which is quite simple but one use may be a little more challenging and gauging if others have tried to accomplish this already.
We are building a mid-year account check in form to automate some of our rep's work.
One part of our form is displaying information for the customer to validate, however this can have varying number of rows depending on recipient. On our proposal/SOW we can have multiple "product" rows, so we need a way to display them to the customer for validation. Each row has a code (Product Code) and factor (to determine price). Some can have 1, can have 3, etc.
My first thought is placing a limit on the embedded data fields to ID each of those, but create sequential ones likely with a limit. Say 3.
Ex. EmbeddedCode1, EmbeddedFactor1, EmbeddedCode2, EmbeddedFactor2, etc. etc. that way the fields are available if needed, but not populated unless the embedded data is present in the API input.
Has anyone tried something similar? or have a different suggestion?

Hi!
Interesting question!
I wonder how and from where the Embedded data comes from. Is it part of the target list you upload to Qualtrics or how would the data be populated in the survey?
Because if it comes from an excel (.csv) file you upload to Qualtrics containing the customer data and all embedded data in once place, I would say to use display logic and set it to not display if the cells in the excel = null (or call them what you want). That way it would only show if there was actually something in the cells in the excel file.

We've used something similar where we ask questions depending on if a customer have had interactions with this or that area of our Company. We had indicators from our CRM that populated a field in the .csv and then I had the survey display, or not display the row depending on the data from the target list.

Hope that helps somewhat :)
-M

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/43315#Comment_43315It is helpful. Our plan is to use an API (in this case integration of Salesforce and Qualtrics) to populate the distribution list and trigger a workflow to send the survey.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/43345#Comment_43345Yup, wonderful setup. We use that for our Support "Closed Case" surveys and it's working like a charm.
As long as you design the survey and the Survey Flow correctly it should work perfectly. But make sure your naming convention for the embedded data is exactly the same as it wont work if you deviate from small/capital letters or spaces etc.
Good luck!

Leave a Reply