Creating a single "survey" for a series of responses from different respondents (ie. approvals) | XM Community

Creating a single "survey" for a series of responses from different respondents (ie. approvals)

• 17 October 2018
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Creating a single "survey" for a series of responses from different respondents (ie. approvals) - Page 2bobromanko - Can you please post the HTML code from the email? If you're not familiar, just click on the source button to show the HTML for the email.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey All,
I have a demo survey set up that illustrates how this works. If you DM me and send me your email, I'll share the demo survey out to you.
I am also planning on creating a video tutorial on how to get this done and also, how to daisy-chain multiple "approvers".

Clint Thanks very much for your response, and I'm sorry I couldn't respond back earlier. I have it working just fine with the URL as proxy. I don't display the URL in the email, of course, so it's not a huge issue. One thing I did notice is that in your example you have in the url ?Q_R={e://Field/ResponseID} That didn't work for me, as I need it to be ?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID} with the "$" in front of the field.
My survey has four approval steps, each approver authenticating through Shibboleth.

Badge

Clint - thanks for taking the time to show how to set this up! We've been working to set up an approval workflow on a few of our forms, and I was able to adapt this perfectly to suit our needs!
One suggestion I wanted to make for anyone who doesn't want to display all of the questions to the next person in the approval chain is to push your question responses to embedded data fields in the survey flow at the conclusion of the initial response. This can be done by assigning a piped text reference to a field in an embedded data block.
These will then be retained through as many approvers as you need without needing to display an editable field. It makes the survey flow and resulting data a bit ugly, but it works.

Badge

tcpaules Can you explain how that's done? "assigning a piped text reference to a field in an embedded data block"

Badge

debit72 - you'll first need to add a "Set Embedded Data" block to your survey flow after all of your question blocks have been displayed. Create a field for each question in your survey, choose Set a Value Now, and then set it equal to the piped text reference for the associated question (there's a dropdown selection menu you can use to find the question and data to record). This will capture all of your responses as embedded data at the end of the survey, which will be retained regardless of what questions are presented to future respondents/approvers.
Once you do this, you'll need to make sure you include the embedded data in any data you are reviewing or exporting, as the original question responses will not be retained for any questions not displayed to all respondents.
Below is a screenshot of what one of my projects looks like. The "Group" block isn't a necessary element; I just used that to keep this one a bit more organized since it gets fairly complicated with everything else that exists in the flow outside of that screenshot.
image.png

Badge

For those of you trying to make sense of this, I found this article very helpful before diving into the above comments: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
The last three sections are essential to your understanding this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey Qualtrics Community! I finally created the video I promised forever ago. I hope it helps all who need it.
Single survey for multiple responses.

Leave a Reply