Email Triggers via Workflow is not working | XM Community
Question

Email Triggers via Workflow is not working

• 21 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,
I have created a survey (not published yet) but having some trouble with sending emails automatically to few standard email id's and to an email id entered in the survey.

I have created workflow -> event based action item -> to send an email.

My survey asks the user to select department name. Based on the selection I would liek to send an email to certain people. For example: If user chooses departments A or B or C, and submit the survey, there should be an email sent to XXXX@gmail.com, XXXX@gmail.com, and to the user itself (user provides email id in the survey. I have it as ${q://QID57%233/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1} ) with the response report.

I have done the above and still there is no email. Any idea why this is happening?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

You could try sending the email just the the people you know and see if the action is right, but just not the email you are piping in. Try storing the email as embedded data and passing that along.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Have you checked the Workflow Reporting? Does the email's workflow show up in the Run Log? If the message shows up in the Run Log, then Qualtrics may have flagged the email address(es) and is not sending them out. (I just discovered this was happening for the last 12 days several of the workflows in one of my projects, and had to contact Qualtrics to request them to unflag the address.)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@deep_newuser
After seeing your requirement few things you can double check -

1. Event based - Survey response

2. Check at right side small button to Activate the action is on

3. As MatthewM mentioned, please check the Reporting. It will show any fail status

4. Please check if this piping is correct - ${q://QID57%233/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1} 

5. Hope the from email used is white listed

6. Ask receivers to check junk/spam mail box.

Leave a Reply