Import embedded data that is not related to a contact | XM Community
Solved

Import embedded data that is not related to a contact

• 15 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,
Is it possible to use embedded data that is not based on a contact in the survey platform?
Use Case:
I am using the survey platform to collect updates on previously submitted information.
Q1: Select Program (multiple choice)
Q2: Statement A. Click to update Statement A (multiple choice, Statement A is different depending on the program selected)
Q3: (Displays if Update Statement A is selected) Text Entry for updated text.
Q4: Statement B.... etc.
The statements A, B, C, etc. already exist outside of Qualtrics. What I've described is possible if I attach the program, statements, etc. to a contact and embed the contact list data in the survey. I am wondering if it is possible to embed data via a csv upload that will allow me to draw on these preexisting statements throughout the survey. For example, see here:
image.pngI know that I could do this with different questions and display logic, however I am working with thousands of statements requiring thousands of questions, so I want to avoid this if I can.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

icon

Best answer by CamM 16 December 2021, 06:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi acress, first of all, I'm not aware of a way to import embedded data via CSV when it isn't tied to a Contact. Outside of this, your only options are setting it within Survey Flow, via the Survey URL, or via other sources (such as web services). However, before you go looking into those, I'm wondering whether Loop & Merge could actually address your challenge?
Say you set up a survey similar to this (click the image to enlarge) -:
image.pngThe Loop & Merge settings for each "Program X" block could look something like this -:
image.pngIn other words, each "Program X" block has its own bespoke set of Loop & Merge statements. The handy thing here is that if you capture all of these statements in a spreadsheet, you can simply copy/paste them in, e.g.
image.pngThe corresponding survey flow could look something like this -:
User: Basically, when your respondent selects a program, the survey Branch Logic will display the relevant Loop & Merge block that will display all the relevant statements for that Program.
image.pngHope that helps.
Cheers,
Cameron

Badge +1

Thanks Cameron. I think that would work but would be a bit more labor intensive that I’m hoping for. One other element that works well with contacts is that the workflow feature can automatically update the revised statement text in the contact list so that I don’t have to update it myself manually. I just wish there was a way to embed data from an external spreadsheet (I don’t have easy access to a web service option) as with a contact list.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

acares , we’re you ever able to figure this out?

Leave a Reply