Incomplete Responses/Partially Filled Responses | XM Community
Question

Incomplete Responses/Partially Filled Responses

• 6 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

We need to restrict incomplete responses to not sync in Salesforce. We are observing that the responses which were left in the middle is syncing in qualtrics with finshed(Survey Metadata) as False and upon in Salesforce. Could you please help us to do not sync incomplete/partially filled responses in Salesforce.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are you syncing by using the response mapping workflow? If so, just put a condition onto it that Finished = True.

Badge

Yes, We are using response mapping workflow, I have given the same condition which you mentioned but the responses are not syncing in salesforce which are finished by consumers. Is there any other alternative approach?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can you share a screenshot of your condition and overall workflow?

Badge

Please find attached screenshots.
1234.png123.PNG12.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I'm assuming you're setting Finished = TRUE at the end of your survey flow after they finish the last block?
If so, you may want to reach out to support to see why it may not be working.
Qualtrics used to have a built in finished condition available in the workflow conditions, but that seems to have disappeared.

Badge

We did not set Finished=TRUE at the end of survey. Even though Finished is reserved embedded data field in Qualtrics and it doesn't carry any custom values. If we use Finished embedded field is equal to TRUE in response mapping as pre condition, it is not carrying any value within it, so condition is getting failed. Hence, salesforce action was not fired.
I have raised ticket with support. Thanks for your advice!.
We don't have option to select condition as survey metadata, so we can get reserved embedded fields such as surveyID, Finished, ResponseID and etc to select from list. We are having only Question, Embedded data, Quota, Status and Respondent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I think just setting an embedded data field to TRUE at the end of your flow, and then checking for that value in your workflow conditions, will resolve your problem.

Badge +1

Hi Srikanthp_2328 - I'm looking to do the same thing (exclude partial responses from syncing to Salesforce), but survey metadata is not available in the conditions for a workflow. If you have figured this out, could you please share how you did it?

Leave a Reply