Multiple invitation messages | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi everyone,
I am new to Qualtrics and have a question regarding the workflows and invitation messages. My company plans to setup an automated (workflow-based) multi-language survey. Unfortunately, the invitation messages should not only be translated but also provide different content.
So at the end, I would need around 20 invitation messages (country x language), for instance, Switzerland would have 3 invitation messages (German, French, Italian). I have already learned that it is only possible to add up to 5 tasks within a workflow.
My question therefore:
Is it possible to include more than 5 survey distribution tasks (one per country x language) within 1 workflow?

Thanks,
Florian

If I understand correctly, you may have 2 different German messages - one for Switzerland and one for Germany, for example. If so, not only do you need different tasks, you also need separate conditions for each. I've contacted Qualtrics about this in the past, and the answer was that it's not possible.
If it was just different languages but not different versions of the message per language, then it's easy with one workflow/task.
What you need to do is have separate triggers in your platform that's triggering the automations, and separate workflows they're calling - you'd need one per message version.

Hi and thanks for your reply!
Correctly, I don't only need different language-versions (which would be easy), but indeed different versions per language.
You wrote that it's not possible but later in your reply, you wrote that I would need separate triggers and separate workflows. If I understood it correctly, this way we would prevent having more than 5 tasks per workflow. But I am not sure if it's possible to create separate workflows - because at the end of the day - the trigger point is the same for all survey versions.
Thanks,
Florian

It doesn't matter what the number of tasks limit is per workflow if you can't apply a different logic for each task. Your message being sent is dependent on the country/language combo, so you need logic to be applied, which you cannot do for each separate task for workflow, only for the overall workflow.
So this logic must be applied at the trigger point. You would indeed need different triggers at the trigger point based on this country/language logic.
It's not ideal, and I wish Qualtrics would allow separate logic sets within workflows, but they don't.

Leave a Reply