Send summary of responses on a specific date | XM Community
Solved

Send summary of responses on a specific date

• 30 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I'm trying to develop an anoymous survey that my respondents may complete anytime between Friday-Thursday. I then want everyone who responded to receive a summary of the responses the next Friday.
For instance, the survey would be released on Friday, April 29. Respondents would have until Thursday, April 6 to complete it. Then, on April 7, everyone who completed the survey would receive a summary of their responses.
I tried email workflows triggered by their submission, but that only allows me to send the email after a specific time frame has elapsed; that would mean everyone would get their summary at a different time.
I tried emails based on a time-based workflow, but that doesn't allow me to pipe in text from the survey responses.
Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Tom_1842 2 May 2022, 21:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +23

Hi jmborzick ,
As you mentioned, the survey is anonymous; how are you tracking the emails there to send the response summary to the respondents?
If you are collecting it in the survey, you can try the email triggers; it will allow you to put a piped text of the question you have asked for the email in the "TO" option. and you can set a time at which you want to send that email trigger that will include the survey response summary.

thanks,
Chhavi

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Chhavi_Ch, yes, I am collecting email addresses. Email triggers/workflows based on survey submissions allow you to specify a time duration before which an email is sent but it does not allow you to specify a specific date. My problem is that all respondents have a seven-day window to complete the survey but I want all follow-up emails sent on the same day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi there, I think this can be accomplished by using an XM Directory > Add to XM Directory Workflow task and also the Qualtrics Mailer. Within your survey, create a Workflow that builds a Contact List and then adds all of the respondent survey answers to the Contact List as Embedded Data upon survey submission. Then in a 2nd survey, schedule an invitation to go to this Contact List that includes all of their survey 1 answers piped into the body of the invitation, serving as a Response Summary.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Tom_1842 That's an interesting idea for a workaround. Not ideal, but it works. Thanks.

Badge

Is this still the best option we have for sending emails to all survey respondents on a specific date (not duration based)? 

Leave a Reply