Survey Follow Up Email in Workflow | XM Community
Question

Survey Follow Up Email in Workflow

Badge +3
  • Level 2 ●●
  • 11 replies

I am trying to send my survey participants a follow up email even though they have already completed the survey. Now with the new workflow integration, it seems that only email triggers after a specific event ( a new survey response) will send the email. I tried to work around this by scheduling a email to be sent out, however, if I use that “trigger” I am not able to pipe in all the information I pulled from the survey into the email. 

How can I create an email to be sent out to past responses, even though the only options for the email workflow are for newly created responses or updated responses, which I have neither. 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Do you need to do this in a work flow? Can’t you just send another invite email?

What type of survey are you using, as this can have different effects on what you can do and when.

And can you elaborate on why you need to send them a second email if they have already completed the survey? Are you attempting to get them to complete the same survey more than once?

Sorry for all the questions and no answers, but I’m not sure what you need here?

Badge +3

Thanks for responding, I’d love to give more info on my question and clarify what I am looking for. I thought it would be more helpful to go through your questions and address 1:1. 

1. Do you need to do this in a work flow? Can’t you just send another invite email? = I tried to do this through an ordinary email invite, however, I am unable to pipe certain scores, information, and attach a summary report to an email invitation. 
  2. What type of survey are you using, as this can have different effects on what you can do and when. = My survey is a behavioral one, in which participants answer a block of questions and they receive a score. My intention was to send a follow up email summarizing results to users and re-engage them to review results and pass through their network. 
  3. And can you elaborate on why you need to send them a second email if they have already completed the survey? Are you attempting to get them to complete the same survey more than once? = I am sending out a “recap” email, giving them their results again and encouraging them to complete a referral program, in which there is an incentive to spread the word and gain more survey results. 

I hope this was helpful, and please let me know if you have any ideas on how to send an email through Qualtrics through the new workflow programming. I just want to be able to include the summary report, pipe certain results and send to the list of participants that already completed the survey. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

OK - I think I understand now. I think that workflows might be the way forward then. try this:

• In your project, go to the “Workflows” tab, and create a new workflow.
  • Chose to start it when an event is received.
  • Chose the “Survey response” as your starting point
  • Keep these options:
  • Click Finish
  • You should now see this:
  • Click on the “+” and choose “Add a task”

• Find and select the “Email” task (It has a green icon)

• Set up the email by piping the email for the respondent, set up from details, and create or load the message from a library.

• Finally select the “Include Response Report” under Options at the end, and potentially the “Show Full Question Text”

• Click Save when done. You can come back and edit if needed.

The result of this setup should that you generate a mail back to the respondent after each completed response. In the mail you should be able to add a link to the next survey you want them to take.

I hope this solves your problem?

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

After you have the new workflow created, you may also have to complete retakes for the ones that have already been submitted and that will kick in with the new workflow you created. (Depending on how many have already completed the survey, that may or may not be a reasonable task).

Badge +3

Thanks Jesper! The problem I am running into is this workflow is only triggered by new responses, I need to be able to email participants who’ve already responded. In theory, I wanted to email all past participants and email them their scores along with their results, I just don't know how to do it using the new email workflows. It seems I need a “trigger” to email and I don’t really have one because they’ve already responded. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Ahh… yes, that’s a challenge. Is this a CX project?

In that case, I’m not sure, but maybe you can start a workflow at a specific time, and then trigger the email event?

But the problem might be that they have already responded. Not sure how to get around that one.

Leave a Reply