Ticketing Logic Not Working, Creating Duplicates - Need Help! | XM Community
Skip to main content

Ticketing Logic Not Working, Creating Duplicates - Need Help!

• 24 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I am trying to route tickets based on their contact reason. Specifically, when customers indicate Claims to our claims team, and all other tickets when customers indicate reasons other than claims. I created two workflows, but for some reason they both seem to be running and creating tickets, basically ignoring my logic. Does anyone have any insights? I copied and modified the workflow, adjusting that specific logic. Is my nesting off or something?
ticketexample2.PNGticketexample.PNG See pics.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

tickets_workflow.PNGYou should create two different conditions in different tickets.

Badge +3

@SimQualtrics is correct. If you have very very specific logic, you need to create two workflows instead of having them in one. You need to have one workflow called “Claim selected” where the conditions are listed and a specific “ticket” task is tied to those conditions. Then, a second completely new workflow called “Claim unselected”. In this second workflow, you’d write the new conditions and a new specific “ticket” type task after the conditions.

Looks like the way you have the workflow set up in your screenshot, since both sets of conditions are in the same workflow, the logic works downwards and will trigger if any of the condition sets are completely met. 

Leave a Reply