XM Customer needs help | XM Community

XM Customer needs help

Badge +5

I would like to have a Qualtrics final assessment at the end of some online courses we have created within my company. I’d like to get fancy and if the person passes the assessment use code to automatically generate a certificate of passing grade/completion that fills in their name, the course name and the date and displays our company Logo.  Has anyone successfully done this and can help with the specifics of what I'd need to do? I'm a newbie to Qualtrics and other than add some workflow to capture the person's name and email address, I am afraid I am at a loss. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi there, you are on the right track with workflows. You will probably want to set your survey up with Scoring so that respondents can accumulate points for getting correct answers. The page with more detail on that is below:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/scoring/
After your survey is set up with Scoring, you will want to add an Embedded Data element at the bottom of the Survey Flow and set it with the respondent's score using Piped Text. Steps 1 through 7 in the below use case walk through configuring that.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/displaying-messages-based-on-scoring/
Finally, use Workflows to set up an Email Task which will send the certificate to the respondent's Email Address upon survey completion if they scored higher than a certain amount of points. The Event that triggers the workflow is a new survey response, and you will want to add a Condition to the Workflow so that it only triggers if the Embedded Data value is higher than a certain value, like in the below:
ScoreWorkflow.png

Badge +5

thank you Tom_1842 - I can't wait to give this a try. I appreciate you

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Tom_1842 I feel like this is so close to what I'm needing for an evaluation survey we have.
Student teachers in our education program are evaluated via Qualtrics by the host teachers.
The host teachers fill out the form, including the student teacher's name. The host teacher is not asked to include an email address for the student, so it isn't a question field that could be easily piped into a workflow for an email task.
Ideally, when the form is submitted, a notification email would be sent to student, based on the student name the host teacher enters . Additionally, we would like to set up an automated email to the student's supervising faculty here at the college.
Is it possible to use embedded data or contact lists to provide more information for the student so that conditions can be set up in a workflow. E.g. set up a workflow that is something like an if/then statement.
If "Kayla Thomas" is evaluated, then send an email notification to the email address provided for Kayla in a contact list or embedded data; and a notification email is sent to the faculty supervisor also provided in a contact list or embedded data list.
Do you have any thoughts on this? Thank you so very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi Chanda_IUK , I think it will come down to how you plan to administer the survey to the Host Teachers.
If you use a single Anonymous link, the email addresses for the Workflow notifications would likely need to be provided by the respondent in a Text Entry question. You could set the email addresses directly based on a Multiple Choice question in the beginning that asks which student teacher is being evaluated, but that would be a lot of configuring for each evaluation. If using an Anonymous link, I would go with the Text Entry option to collect the email addresses as the survey and workflows won't require updating in the future. In the WorkFlow, pipe in the collected email addresses when setting up the Email Task for each survey completion.
If you use Individual links, you can include the email addresses for the Workflow notifications as Embedded Data. You might consider using Personal Links for this and handing the Host Teachers a file that contains the evaluations for each of their Student Teachers. You could also use the Qualtrics mailer if you set up the emails so they are not flagged as duplicates. You might set up the Contact List like the below:
StudentTeacherEvaluation.pngSet the Embedded Data fields at the top of the Survey Flow. In the WorkFlow, pipe in the Embedded Data fields when setting up the Email Task for each survey completion. In the Survey, you might also pipe in the name of the Student Teacher on the first page as a reminder to the respondent which evaluation they are completing, like below:
Student Teacher: ${e://Field/StudentTeacher}

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Tom_1842 Thank you so much. I'm meeting with the Education coordinator today. She and I will go over this and see which way can be implemented best for them. I love all this and have my fingers crossed we can make this work! Thank you again!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Tom_1842 
I think it's working! 🙂 I'll let you know soon.

Leave a Reply