Avoid duplicate emails in email invite automation. | XM Community
Solved

Avoid duplicate emails in email invite automation.

• 26 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
  • QPN Level 8 ●●●●●●●●
  • 546 replies

Hi everyone, I need your help on email invite automation.

Request we have:

• Need to send the email invite to those customers who will purchase the product.
  • Their information will be imported in Qualtrics XMD from two different data sources (Salesforce and App).
  • Then based on updated information (new purchase number) survey will be triggered.

Process we are following:

• We are extracting data from both data sources using extractor template in workflow.
  • Then, merging both data using purchase number in merging rule and creating one contact in XMD.
  • Then we are sending email invites using XMD distribution automation feature for every new purchase.
  • This process will run daily basis.

Issue we are facing: Kindly help me, how can I resolve that issue.

• Contact should receive email only if their purchase number will be changed. But every contact is getting email invite everyday even if new purchase number is generating or not. Email should only receive after new purchase.

icon

Best answer by rondev 27 July 2023, 08:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

In the process point 3, have you added any filter criteria to send only to respondents where some embedded data is equal to something?

Moreover, this use case should be based on customer rather than purchase number. So, customer basic data should be created in first import and then all other purchasing data should be considered as transaction data and while distribution new transations should be distributed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

In the process point 3, have you added any filter criteria to send only to respondents where some embedded data is equal to something?

Moreover, this use case should be based on customer rather than purchase number. So, customer basic data should be created in first import and then all other purchasing data should be considered as transaction data and while distribution new transations should be distributed. 

Hi @rondev , thanks for your response. Yes, we are using some filter criterias. Like surveySentflag=True, isdeleted=false, emailoptout=false and survey participants = (6 different logic values here). 

Since you are saying we need to upload other informations as transaction data. If we will upload all data as transactional information instead of contact then how we will pull those information in the survey embedded field. Because transaction data cannot be pulled easily into the survey. And can you please share some screenshot to understand how I can manage that distribution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

With respect to current process, are we then turning any flag to fals, so that, that contact is not picked in the next cycle.

Transaction data  can be pulled easily in survey and it gets pulled just like embedded data, It is just we need to make sure that they are uploaded as transaction data via import automation or XM directory task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

With respect to current process, are we then turning any flag to fals, so that, that contact is not picked in the next cycle.

Transaction data  can be pulled easily in survey and it gets pulled just like embedded data, It is just we need to make sure that they are uploaded as transaction data via import automation or XM directory task.

Is there any way to turn flag as negative just after sending invite or we will need to do pass this value from APP only?

Also regarding transaction data. I tried this. I passed the value as transaction data and created same embedded field in survey. But those fields were blank. Can you please share the process to handle this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One of the way: We need to first merge both the data source into one (outside Qualtrics) and then create a singel csv file to get imported via SFTP import automation and then link this import automation to distribution automation. 

Other than above method we can also use APIs to create batch transction import and then batch distribution API to distribute.

Leave a Reply