Email myself a list of contacts with incomplete surveys based on date | XM Community
Skip to main content

I need to set up a workflow as follows:

contacts imported daily to distribute a survey → survey sent out to each contact via an individual link 30 days after each contact is imported → 14 days after this, a reminder email is sent for those with incomplete responses → 14 days after this, send a list of contacts with incomplete responses to a specific email (not an email within original contact import).

So far I have set up the following within a workflow (in my XM Directory, not within the survey itself) to import the contacts daily, distribute the original email, and the reminder email (I have set the date so that it will not run yet): 

The data extract will eventually be made using WebService by Qualtrics, not Google Drive, if that is of any importance. The contact data (21 fields of important data; the number of fields is not final) is added to a contact list, with a number of necessary fields set as embedded data within the list. As of now, the XM Directory task uses an individual link to send an email 30 days after the data extract. Then I have used the reminder option within the task to send a reminder email 14 days after this. 

I now need some way to check, for each contact from this list: whether the respondent has finished the survey; and, if they haven’t, whether it has been 2 weeks since the reminder email.

If this is the case, then, weekly, I want to send an email (probably to myself) that contains a list of all contacts who fulfill this criteria, with all 21 of their fields.

I originally planned on importing the mailing list into a workflow, similar to how I am currently importing a CSV file into the above workflow, and then add the required logic, but there seems to be no way in Qualtrics to extract data from a mailing list (is this possible using an API request to Qualtrics? This seems rather inefficient though).

I also tried setting up a workflow that imported the responses from the survey, and used JavaScript logic to compare the ‘StartDate’ of the survey as per each contact (embedded data within the survey) to the current date; however, I realized that the start date will not work effectively. I don’t need the date that they start the survey, but rather, the date that the original email was sent to the contact.

I have found no effective way of achieving my goal after reading many forum posts. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

One of the way is to create an external cron job which will use Qualtrics API to extract those records and email you.

Thanks rondev for your reply, that is a possibility.

However, there isn’t a way to complete this fully within Qualtrics? Ideally I wouldn’t have to use anything external, like a cron job.

Leave a Reply