Every time a new entry is added to the contact list, a blank entry is also generated. | XM Community
Solved

Every time a new entry is added to the contact list, a blank entry is also generated.

• 29 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The "update existing list members" checkbox is not selected, and the survey is accessible to the public through an anonymous link. Is there a method for Qualtrics to prevent generating a blank record every time a new entry is included in the contact list? I have attached a screenshot for reference.

icon

Best answer by Mannila 31 August 2023, 17:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Mannila, you can set up condition so that the contact list trigger only work if the contact infomation field isn’t empty. Click “Add a Condition”
Let me know if it helps

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@dxconnamnguyen Thank you for your reply. To clarify, the problem is not that the contact information field is empty, leading to blank entries in the directory. Rather, the issue is that any entry that is not blank results in a corresponding blank entry being created.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

It seems like you might be experiencing a technical issue with Qualtrics where new entries are generating blank records, even though the "update existing list members" checkbox is not selected. This could be due to a configuration or setting problem. I recommend reaching out to Qualtrics support or checking their documentation for guidance on resolving this specific issue. 
​​​​​​@AmaraW @TomG maybe you can suggest on this

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@dxconnamnguyen Thank you for taking the time to help with this issue.

@Shivamvig_sv Thank you for chiming in on this issue as well. 

This issue has been resolved by creating my own fields using the "add additional fields" option instead of Qualtrics' existing fields. I hope that makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This issue has been resolved by creating my own fields using the "add additional fields" option instead of Qualtrics' existing fields. I hope that makes sense.

So like you add your own first/last name, email field etc....

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@dxconnamnguyen Yes, exactly.

Leave a Reply