external data ref through API | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

external data ref through API

• 19 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I am trying to upload my contacts through the API, and I struggle to get the External Data Reference correct. If I upload data manually, the default name for that field is “External Data Reference”, but if I use that name programatically, it does not fill the column.

According to the reference, I should use the name “extRef”: api.qualtrics.com/bab13356ac724-create-transaction-contacts-import, but if I do that, I get an error message.

If I upload data and then download that same data again, the column of choice is actually called “extRef”

What is the correct naming (including capitalization, spaces, etc) to get this right?

Hi @thijsheus ,

Please use the “extRef” field exactly as specified. If you still encounter errors, kindly provide the specific error message for further troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Thanks! That confirmation got me into better debugging. It turns out that my extRef was an int, and as a result got rejected. Converting the extRef to a string fixed the issue.

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that the confirmation helped you with debugging.

Leave a Reply