How to use a List in XM Directory in a CX Dashboard | XM Community
Question

How to use a List in XM Directory in a CX Dashboard

• 21 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

I would like to use data contained within a List in my XM Directory in a Dashboard. I managed to do it “manually” by exporting data from my List, importing it in a project, and defining this imported-data survey as a data source in my Dashboard. Works fine, but I need to repeat the process on a regular basis to synchronize my Dashboard with the List. Very tedious !!! Would anyone have a hint on how to automate the process to ensure the Dashboard is updated without any human intervention ? Thanks in advance for your ideas.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

One of the approach can be: Create an directory embedded data ‘inListXX’ and set it’s value to one for only all the contacts who are in the required list. Now use this Qualtrics feature to pull the directory contacts in the dashboard. Set a locked filter on the dashboard pages as inListXX = 1.

Badge +1

Thanks Shashi for the tip. The issue I have is that I do not see the “Dashboard setup” entry in my Directory settings menu. Maybe a restriction in my access rights ? But the Brand Mgr does not see it either. I’ll check tomorrow with Qualtrics support.

Badge +1

Hi Shashi, I managed to activate the “Dashboard setup” option after upgrading my “role” to Brand Administrator. From then on, as you suggested I created an embedded variable to tag the contacts in the List of interest and published the fields required for my Dashboard. An important step, is to define the XM Directory as a source and map the data fields in te Setting section. Again, thanks a million for putting me on the right track. This first experience in soliciting the Qualtrics community, has been very positive indeed !

Leave a Reply