Library - Variable names | XM Community
Solved

Library - Variable names

• 13 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I am looking to change a batch of variable names at once for a Library block. How can I do that? 

icon

Best answer by Super_Recognisers 2 August 2023, 21:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Could you elaborate your question a bit more? Variable names as in the answer choices in the questions?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

No, as in the question names of a block.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @Super_Recognisers 

can you share the  screenshot of what you want to change

Userlevel 3
Badge +7
See the bit in red. Question name - I want to change a batch of them at once.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @Super_Recognisers 

If you want to change the question number just click on it and you will be able to edit it.

And for editing the label click on the question text then you can able to edit the label

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  1. Click on the "Blocks" menu on the  and find the Library block you want to modify.

2. Enter Bulk Edit mode: Click on the Library block to open it. At the top-right corner of the block, click on the three-dot menu icon, and then select "Bulk Edit."

3. Select the variables to edit: In the Bulk Edit mode, you'll see a list of variables present in the Library block. Select the variables that you want to change by clicking on the checkbox next to each variable name.

4. Edit variable names: Once you have selected the variables, click on the "Edit" button at the top of the list. A dialog box will appear where you can modify the variable names.

5. Make batch changes: In the dialog box, you can enter a new name for the selected variables. You also have the option to add a common prefix or suffix to all the selected variables if desired. The changes will be applied to all the selected variables simultaneously.

6. Apply the changes: After entering the new names or adding prefixes/suffixes, click on the "Save" button.it will update the variable names for the selected variables in the Library block.

7. Review and finalize: Review the updated variable names in the Bulk Edit mode. If everything looks correct, click on the "Exit Bulk Edit" button to exit the Bulk Edit mode and return to the normal view of the Library block.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Nanditha MM . That sounds exactly like what I am looking for, though I was not able to find any bulk edit option on the block’s three dots for editing.

Leave a Reply