Longitudinal Surveys - Ask same questions in Loop & Merge | XM Community
Question

Longitudinal Surveys - Ask same questions in Loop & Merge

• 17 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello everybody, Qualtrics newcomer here :)

I am looking to design a Longitudinal Survey where participants are initially randomized into a block using a block randomizer. Each block contains only one question, which is randomized in each iteration with a certain number of fields through the loop and merge feature. I want to know how I can record the ID of the loop and merge that the participant encounters and keep a record of it. In a subsequent survey, I want to use this record to extract the same question, ensuring that the participant answers the same question.

I am aware that participant IDs can be recorded using XM Directory, and the corresponding block can be extracted in the survey flow using the authentication feature. However, I am unsure how to extract the specific fields of the loop and merge question.

How can I do this?
Thanks a lot!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

In the loop and merge field just add a column with numbers 1, 2, 3…..

Now using JS store this field value in an embedded data which will be further stored in directory to reference in second survey.

Badge +1

In the loop and merge field just add a column with numbers 1, 2, 3…..

Now using JS store this field value in an embedded data which will be further stored in directory to reference in second survey.

Hi @Shashi, thanks for your reponse! It’s exactly what I want to do in the survey! However, since I am a beginner at JS, I don’t know how to achieve it technically. Could you please tell me some details of how to do the coding? Thanks!

Leave a Reply