Manual survey distribution | XM Community
Solved

Manual survey distribution

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi there, I am setting up a once a month manual import of contacts and transaction data into my xm directory, and I would like the survey to be distributed to the contacts imported for that month only.

How do I set up the survey distribution to exclude the contacts that i have imported from the previous month? For example contacts imported in August will receive the survey invite sent in August. When I import new contacts in September, I would like to only distribute the survey invite to the contacts on the list that were imported in September, not those that i have imported in August.

As the contact who received an invite in August may have new transaction data in December, I would like to ensure that this contact receive the invite again in December when new transaction data has been processed in December. Setting the contact frequency rule to 365 days would not work for my case and im not sure what’s the best practice to set this up. much appreciated!  

icon

Best answer by Nam Nguyen 18 October 2023, 17:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Jason Ling, you can use Directory segment to include only contact that been updated, or transaction recently. It will automatically updated and filter out the right contact for you to distribute.
Kindly refer to this support page for more infomation: XM Directory Segments (qualtrics.com) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

A workaround could be creating and uploading a separate list for each month. You would just have to make sure to name the lists accordingly, so you don’t get the different month’s lists mixed up with one another.

Badge +2

Hi @Jason Ling, you can use Directory segment to include only contact that been updated, or transaction recently. It will automatically updated and filter out the right contact for you to distribute.
Kindly refer to this support page for more infomation: XM Directory Segments (qualtrics.com) 

hey thanks! I figured I still need to distribute it to a transaction group so that the transaction data is captured on my survey. Would you happen to know if the transaction data is captured if i distributed it using the segments as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Jason Ling, you can use Directory segment to include only contact that been updated, or transaction recently. It will automatically updated and filter out the right contact for you to distribute.

hey thanks! I figured I still need to distribute it to a transaction group so that the transaction data is captured on my survey. Would you happen to know if the transaction data is captured if i distributed it using the segments as well?

@Jason Ling Yeah, just add an emty embedded data with the transaction field name on the surveyflow or you can choose add from contact to know what exactly you can pull
But in this case you have to use transaction group distribution, so make individual list for each month group.

Leave a Reply