Opting out multiple contacts from a list | XM Community
Question

Opting out multiple contacts from a list

• 2 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have have deployed 4 surveys for a client and they provided the contact list for each survey. They indicated they had deduped the lists against each other, but I am now realizing they did not. Subsequently some people are receiving multiple surveys when ideally they should only receive one. I did some analysis on the overlap and identified ~850 people who are receiving multiple surveys. It is not feasible to opt them out individually and was wondering if there was a way to do a large scale opt out. 

In the precursor to Directory XM you could export a list, make updates to it and reimport it after the updates were made. I have been searching around in the community and on the support page to see if there is a way to do this and am coming up empty.

I uploaded a separate list for each survey so the are 4 lists I would need to update.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Anne

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@AnneD You can make a list of contacts that you want to opt-out. Export them, change Unsubscribe to 1 and then import them back (make sure the deduplication rule update them instead of making new one). This should update the contact status for all of them to Opt-out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @AnneD 

Also to stop the multiple survey in same person. You can apply rules in the directory settings.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@AnneD You can make a list of contacts that you want to opt-out. Export them, change Unsubscribe to 1 and then import them back (make sure the deduplication rule update them instead of making new one). This should update the contact status for all of them to Opt-out.

Thank you! I am able to export a list, but don’t know how to reimport it. This is what I see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@AnneD Add contact, make sure the deduplication rule update them instead of making new one.

Leave a Reply