Personal link email invite with SMS reminders | XM Community
Question

Personal link email invite with SMS reminders

• 11 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Is there a way to mix invites with personal links for both email and sms? We will be sending out personal links with embedded data. Ideally, we want to send the initial invite via email, the 1st reminder via sms, and a 2nd reminder via email. Is there an “easy way” to do this? The only way that I’m aware is basically having to to a regression of our respondents and then remove them from the sms list (or really only include those on that list who have not yet responded), then go through that process again for the 2nd email invite. I’m hoping there is an automated way to do this like how you can send an email and then automate the reminder emails to those who have not yet completed the survey. 

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

This is not currently possible with Qualtrics as we have been pushing for this functionality with a client. The feature is in the works, but it will require using Workflows to distribute using the “Distribute a survey” workflow task.

The workflow task will allow you to setup reminders using SMS as the distribution method rather than just email.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

@jake_dufinetz I’ve never used a workflow task to do this. Could you provide further instructions please as I’m not seeing anything in workflow setup that would lead me to it? (I am on CX platform)

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@jake_dufinetz I’ve never used a workflow task to do this. Could you provide further instructions please?

Unfortunately this feature is not available yet and is currently in development from Qualtrics based on our conversations with the product team. Once it is available, the workflow would something like the below.

The SMS reminders would be embedded within the email task configuration.

Leave a Reply