Piping Data from Two Contact Lists into Single Survey | XM Community
Solved

Piping Data from Two Contact Lists into Single Survey

• 18 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’m hoping to use a contact list to send a survey to students. I’d like to use the information in the contact list to pre-populate student information (name, ID, email) into the survey when it loads for each individual student. I have this step figured out but need help with the next part. 

I’m hoping that at the end of the survey the student can select a faculty member from a dropdown list that will be populated from a different contact list, and their selection will pre-fill an email field based on their selection. This will then prompt an email trigger to send the faculty member the link to a second survey that will have the first survey’s data piped into it, which I’ve also figured out to do.

I just dont know how to get the dropdown and email to pull and populate from the second contact list. I can’t add all the faculty into the survey directly because the list is huge and needs to be adjusted frequently.  

icon

Best answer by Nam Nguyen 18 October 2023, 16:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

This will require custom coding of pulling in the options (faculty memeber) from the list and then select respective email address. 

Badge +1

Hi @rondev , Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately, I’m not a programmer and have LIMITED coding capabilities. Could you say anymore or point me in a direction? I thought I read somewhere on a past post (might have been yours!) about coding javascript in the dropdown question. I’ve also tried authenticators based on faculty name to prefill and then use that to find the email address. The issue I cant seem to get past is that it only pulls from the student list I’ve distributed the survey to or the individual link for a specific student. Any guidance would be greatlly appreciated, and thank you for your past posts on similar topics, they’ve gotten me pretty far!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m hoping to use a contact list to send a survey to students. I’d like to use the information in the contact list to pre-populate student information (name, ID, email) into the survey when it loads for each individual student. I have this step figured out but need help with the next part. 

I’m hoping that at the end of the survey the student can select a faculty member from a dropdown list that will be populated from a different contact list, and their selection will pre-fill an email field based on their selection. This will then prompt an email trigger to send the faculty member the link to a second survey that will have the first survey’s data piped into it, which I’ve also figured out to do.

I just dont know how to get the dropdown and email to pull and populate from the second contact list. I can’t add all the faculty into the survey directly because the list is huge and needs to be adjusted frequently.  

@MJWest This can be done with Supplemental Data, your student can select the faculty member on your list and their email will be saved to that response. You can then follow this with a workflow to distribute the 2nd survey to that address. Kindly recommend you toward this support page about it: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/standard-content/autocomplete-questions-supplemental-data/

When you need to adjust the list just re-importdata or create a schedule workflow for it to be automated
Hope this helps

Badge +1

Thank you, @dxconnamnguyen . I was wondering about that but it doesn’t seem to be active in my instance or brand. So I’ll look into seeing if it’s available. Appreciate your response.

Badge +1

For anyone who saw the post above, just an FYI that the supplemental data functionality is still in beta testing and I was informed they are not allowing any more test users. There’s no clear answer of when it will be available.

Leave a Reply