Reminder Delay for Distribute Survey Task | XM Community
Question

Reminder Delay for Distribute Survey Task

• 11 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have a workflow set up where respondents who complete the baseline survey will be sent a scheduled email to a follow-up survey after 3-months. I will like to send a reminder to those who have not completed this follow-up survey 3 days after receiving the follow-up email.

This meant that in the “Reminder delay”, I would need to set it as 3 month 3 days, but that is not available.

Are there any simple workaround or trick for this?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

We can use this task to send email and schedule reminder for at least 3 months.

Badge +1

We can use this task to send email and schedule reminder for at least 3 months.

Hi @Shashi ,

Yes I did use this task - Sending Email Distributions with the XM Directory Task.  However, from the link:

“Choose the Reminder delay, which is when the reminder will send. This delay is the number of days since the response that triggered the workflow was recorded. Your reminder delay must be further in the future than when the initial invitation sends.

Example: Let’s say I set my initial invitation to send after 2 days. If I want the respondent to receive a reminder a week later, I would set the reminder delay to 9 days”

My invitation was set to send after 3 months. That means my reminder delay has to be 3 month 3 days.  However, if you take a look at the screenshot that I’ve uploaded on my post, it is not possible to do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@JonT 

You probably need to calculate the reminder date and first distribution date before via JavaScript dynamically. Post which use that date in webservice request for distribution and using that date for reminder distribution.

api.qualtrics.com/573e3f0a94888-create-distribution

api.qualtrics.com/764630bb0633a-create-reminder-distribution

Hope it helps! 

Leave a Reply