setting rules one survey or contact list does not impact customer frequency rules | XM Community
Solved

setting rules one survey or contact list does not impact customer frequency rules

• 13 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

First time community user 😬. 

The survey has been sent, with a rule to ignore all rules. 

How do I stop this survey impacting future sends. It was sent to our complete directory 🤯. 

Help please ! 

icon

Best answer by Nam Nguyen 15 October 2023, 16:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Before distributing any other surveys, create new frequency on new mailing list and check ignore directory rule in that custom frequency rule.

Badge +1

Hi Shashi,

I have multiple new future lists that need to listen to the rules , so they aren't sending different surveys to the same member ? The outcome of the suggestion would not ensure that? 

If I change the overarching frequency number, say from 60 days to 8 for this week's send, then set it back to 60 next week. Would this reset the count? Or would it go back to checking all previous sends. 

Thanks for your idea - keen to get your thoughts 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Shashi,

I have multiple new future lists that need to listen to the rules , so they aren't sending different surveys to the same member ? The outcome of the suggestion would not ensure that? 

If I change the overarching frequency number, say from 60 days to 8 for this week's send, then set it back to 60 next week. Would this reset the count? Or would it go back to checking all previous sends. 

Thanks for your idea - keen to get your thoughts 🤔

@Baranova Custom rules will look back at previous distributions. If you’ve already sent a distribution for a specific survey or list and then create a custom frequency rule, the rule will be evaluated in conjunction with the distributions that had already been sent out. Additionally, there’s no limit to how far this rule will look back.
So basically, the distribution is already in your directory record, you can either ignore all rules or make a new directory to avoid the historical distributing record.

Badge +1

Thankyou everyone ! 

This worked a treat.

Leave a Reply