Q_populateresponse queries | XM Community
Solved

Q_populateresponse queries

• 25 June 2019
  • 9 replies

Badge +2
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a basic guide to Q_populateresponse knocking around anywhere?

I run a monthly survey with the same respondents and there are around 6 segmentation questions at the start of the survey that are the same questions and answers each month (respondents work on the condition of anonymity of responses so can't use the standard embedded data).

I am therefore looking to pre-fill each respondents regular answers so that it populates when the load the survey up. Everything I have seen so far is a bit removed from what I am trying to do.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Will
icon

Best answer by TomG 25 June 2019, 20:56

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
What is the type of the 6 segmentation questions?
Badge +2
Hi Tom, thanks for your message. They are a mixture of dropdowns, single checkbox and multiple checkbox.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Will81 said:
> Hi Tom, thanks for your message. They are a mixture of dropdowns, single checkbox and multiple checkbox.

Single answer multiple choice is in the format "QIDx":"y" where QIDx is the question id and y is the choice id. I think drop down is the same format.

Multiple answer multiple choice is in the format "QIDx":"y,z" where y and z are two choice ids.

So, if you had SAMC, MAMC, SAMC your Q_PopulateResponse parameter might look like:
`&Q_PopulateResponse={"QID1":"1","QID2":"2,3,4","QID3":"5"}`

I believe it is case sensitive, so it should look just like the above.
Badge +2
Thanks Tom this is really helpful. Finally, where do you input that and how do you link it with each respondent's mail. Does that go into the contact uplaod or into the survey flow?

Please forgive my ignorance, doing this on a start-up budget so don't have much expertise inhouse.

Thanks again for your time and input.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Will81 said:
> Thanks Tom this is really helpful. Finally, where do you input that and how do you link it with each respondent's mail. Does that go into the contact uplaod or into the survey flow?
>
> Please forgive my ignorance, doing this on a start-up budget so don't have much expertise inhouse.
>
> Thanks again for your time and input.

Q_PopulateResponse is added as a parameter to your survey url.
Badge +2
Great, thanks Tom. Will try that out.
Badge +3
Hey @Will81! If you haven't yet already, be sure to check out the FAQs at the bottom of this page. You'll want to specifically look at "How do I figure out the JSON formatting for a question?". If you have any additional questions, be sure to reach out to our Support team!
Hello, I am trying to generate a test response that populates a numerical value in a multiple-choice text entry box. I have attempted several variations of your code but I can't seem to get it to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Dman_energy said:
> Hello, I am trying to generate a test response that populates a numerical value in a multiple-choice text entry box. I have attempted several variations of your code but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've never had to populate one of those, so I don't know the json format to populate it. You can contact Qualtrics Support. If you find out, can you post it?

Leave a Reply