CX Day 2024 | Delivering Better Outcomes | VOTE NOW ✔ | XM Community
Skip to main content

October 1 is CX Day 🎉

The Customer Experience Professionals Association has declared that this year’s theme is: “Good CX delivers better outcomes for customers, employees and organizations.”

EX pros -- we see you, too! 

With this theme in mind, we want to hear from you! What are the best outcomes you yourself have seen or experienced as a result of good CX? This could be something you have seen or experienced as a customer, a service provider or vendor/business.

Tell us more in the comments about your poll vote, and how those good CX experiences made you feel, made your customers feel, or how they impacted business outcomes!

I am really surprised there is not an ‘all of the above’ option for the poll… 😉

Good CX should delivers all of these things, and even as a customer you should be able to see all, if not most of this as a result of experiencing good CX too.  As for cost savings to an individual, is really about seeing greater ‘value’ in the experience/relationship, with cost being potentially more than financial, it might save your time/stress etc which can often be way more valuable than $ alone.  

The example I have personally experienced this well is at Disney, and it’s not about doing things well - but actually they were exceptional in their service recovery for me when things didn’t go well… they truly went above and beyond to make up for it, empowering their staff to make it right - not only in the moment but also subsequently when I went back a few years later (as it’s hard to go back when I live in Australia!). How a company deals with an issue, is by far the best test of their CX culture and capabilities.  

I have come to learn that Disney designs and empowers staff explicitly for service failure, with acceptance it cannot be avoided when humans are involved.  It continues to be the benchmark I look up to in every program I design, and I often will consider - what would Disney do..

I am really surprised there is not an ‘all of the above’ option for the poll… 😉

@ScottG I was hoping someone would notice that and say something! The poll options are intended to spark some conversation 😀

Your Disney example is great. When companies or service providers can turn things around after a negative experience, that can sometimes increase customer loyalty even more, in my experience (and it sounds like that is true in your experience, as well!). 

If you haven’t seen it yet, you may also want to take a peek at our CX Day article I just published last week!

@ScottG I love the “what would Disney do” perspective!  I fully agree with that mindset.  Of course we strive to have the excellence, but it is far more telling on what we do and how we respond when things aren’t to our standards.

Happy customers, first and foremost. Agree with @ScottG that the poll is kind of an impossible choice 😀 That being said, when the customers are happy, everything else is a natural outflow from there. The benefits of happy customers seep into every aspect of the business.

Love the Disney example @ScottG and the service recovery concept. Not enough orgs equip their people for service recovery.

I had a negative experience with a small business recently and the manager kept telling me over and over that the first employee who helped me was “new.” That’s fine, but new and tenured employees need to be properly equipped and trained to handle the most common customer scenarios. It may be a time investment initially, but it will result in repeat business and customer loyalty down the line!

Impossible to choose from these poll options! But there are cost savings all around when customers have good CX experiences. Customers don’t want to spend their valuable time chasing down resolution, whether that be wait times on the phone trying to reach a representative, or dealing with the stress of explaining their situation in person. An operational baseline for CX is a must. 

For us, better learning outcomes for students

I voted for *happy customer* but it’s soooo much more than that! I ‘wear’ my CX hat every day and view our (often internal) processes with an eye on how these affect the client experience. I use the word ‘client’ intentionally because 1. in the B2B space there are far fewer of them when compared to B2C consumer customers  2. the pricing and commercials concern greater amounts with contracts that are usually quite complex and 3. because these are long term business relationships rather than the quicker more transactional exchanges a seller has with their (one time) customers.  With my CX hat I also engage the different silos in our organisation that each play a part in the customer journey. This means being the VoiceOftheCustomer when talking to Marketing, Sales, Design & Bid Management, Project Implementation, Transition and Support functions to name a few. Often these functions do not take the holistic view that spans the customer journey or worse, are quite focussed internally only on their ‘own patch’. Last but not least I wear my CX hat when closing the loop (both the inner and outer!) while trying to use the feedback our clients give us as business cases to improve the way we work for better outcomes. I could go on but hopefully I’ve given a modest impression how a *happy customer* actually entails so much more!  

I voted for *happy customer* but it’s soooo much more than that! 

@SteveBelgraver -- thanks so much for your detailed thoughts here! I always very much enjoy “hearing” your perspective. I agree, CX is very broad and can be all-encompassing in our day-to-day work, especially when it comes to being focused on positive customer outcomes! 

Leave a Reply