Custom CSS and QID | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello everyone, 

I have a very simple question: 

In my survey I recoded the values like in this picture below: 

But when I go in the look and feel, style, custom CSS to make it work the label doesn’t correspond to the recode. Can someone help me understand this : label#QID10-7-label.q-checked, where does the 7 come from, this should be 1 as for the recode. 

Thank you very much

Hello everyone, 

I have a very simple question: 

In my survey I recoded the values like in this picture below: 

But when I go in the look and feel, style, custom CSS to make it work the label doesn’t correspond to the recode. Can someone help me understand this : label#QID10-7-label.q-checked, where does the 7 come from, this should be 1 as for the recode. 

Thank you very much

Could you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve in the CSS?

@VP96 - choice ids (7 in your example) are assigned by Qualtrics and you can’t change them.  Recodes can be changed and are what shows up in your survey data.  The numbers that show up in html ids are based on choice ids, not recodes. Normally, choice ids are assigned sequentially starting at 1, but if you add and delete choices they may not start at 1 or be sequential.

@TomG  thank you for your answer! Is there a way for me to identify the choice ids? so I know what to put in the HTML code?

thank you again

@TomG  thank you for your answer! Is there a way for me to identify the choice ids? so I know what to put in the HTML code?

thank you again

You can use your browser’s inspect feature.

Leave a Reply