Display logic on multi-select question options value | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi All,

I’m trying to apply a display logic in one of my multi-select questions, where there is a ‘None’ option and it should be visible only when none of the options are selected.

Please see attach snapshot of the questions and logic I have applied and help me to resolve it as current solution isn’t working.

@Vinay_Bohra 

Choice level display logic doesn’t have inpage functionality. Hence, this won’t work.

You might need custom code to achieve that functionality.

Hi @Vinay_Bohra , you have two options to do this. As Deepak has already suggested the you need custom code for this task. so you can hide that option using JS and can show it after clicking next button without selecting any option. Another way is to make this question as request response and create one embedded field as multiselect with same question name for your data and dashboard purpose as per below screenshots.

And if respondent will proceed without selecting any response, so he will have two choices to confirm, either go further without selecting any response or to answer this question. If respondent will continue without answering the question, then you can punch embedded field as “None” just after the question in your survey flow. Else you can punch the Question selected choices text into it. It will help you to represent your data. 

Output data

Leave a Reply